Last updated February 10, 2019
What Does Our Site Do?
GAGAOVERBOOKS.COM is an independent site with associated properties. Those may include other book related sites, as well as Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest and other social media presences. We provide a service to help you explore and find books that we hope you will love. We also recommend books to read.
Your Data is Your Data
Here at GAGAOVERBOOKS.COM we take your data and privacy seriously. So seriously in fact that we do not collect any information on you, except for our technical logs. (Read more below.)
We’re proud and happy to state that we do not collect cookies, emails, names or any other information on or about you.
Data We Collect on This Website
server logs and security
When you visit GAGAOVERBOOKS.COM, information about your device/PC, operating system and browser, and your IP address are automatically saved in log files. This serves a few purposes, including helping to keep the website secure and helping to diagnose any bugs and issues with our site. We do not use this data for marketing, nor do we sell this data.
- IP address of the device from where the HTTP request originated
- Date and time when the web server processed the request
- Request line (HTTP method, requested object, protocol)
- HTTP response code
- Size of the object sent as a response (in bytes)
- Other generic information such as the requester’s user-agent string
We use Google Analytics to provide us with information about how our website is used, such as what countries our visitors are browsing from, and what pages are the most popular. The data gathered is anonymous and cannot be used to identify individual users.
You may block the collection of the data generated by Google Analytics (including your IP address) to Google as well as data processing by Google, by downloading and installing a browser plugin available from the following link: https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en.
In accordance with US and European law under the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), you have numerous rights to the personal data any website holds on you, including:
- Right to confirmation – you have the right to know if we hold any of your personal data. (We do not.)
- Right to access – you have the right to view and to obtain a copy of any personal data we hold that concerns you
- Right to rectification – you have the right to the correction of any inaccuracies with the personal data we hold that concerns you
- Right to erasure – you have the right to have your personal data removed from our systems
Should you wish to exercise any of these rights, please contact us using the contact us page on this website. Read more about the technicalities of GDPR here.